The trials and tribulations of the renovations of barn and brain in rural Cheshire.....

Tuesday 16 October 2007

This might be my last night in the Barn for a few days


I'm feeling a lot more relaxed than the eve before the non-admittance a couple of weeks ago. We shall see what tomorrow brings when I ring at 9am then, no doubt, 10am, 11am etcetera etcetera etcetera....

We have been shedding pounds over the last week. Not weight unfortunately but pounds of the moola, wonga, beans, cash variety. We have mostly been buying a four piece suite upon which I am now sitting whilst blogging and a new house. It's for Hannah and Scott to live in and is very lovely. It's a terence in the style of Coronation Street.


Today for the first time ever we were presented with 4 eggs in one lay. A notable achievement and red letter day. The chickens can all live - not one of them will be on the dinner table this month.


It's dad's 80th birthday week. We've had to change his official birthday, which is tomorrow, due to the possibility of my admittance so he's celebrating on Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Yesterday, the first day of celebrations, found him flying hawks, kestrels, eagles and owls, our present to him, and then we took him out for dinner in the evening along with Tim et al. Tomorrow he shall have cake and some other presents to open and then another dinner out on Saturday with others of the family.
If I don't post tomorrow night then I shall have been admitted. If I do post, I haven't......Whatever happens I will blog soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We will be thinking about you.