The trials and tribulations of the renovations of barn and brain in rural Cheshire.....

Monday 10 September 2007

Pickpockets and Picnics

Each day probably seems busier than it really is because I have to sleep part way through each one, but how on earth did I fit work in??? Chickens, puppies, cats, family, garden ..... never-ending but I never ever want to be without any of them. Hope Mr Brydon's got a steady hand next Thursday.

Anita Roddick's untimely death was reported on the news tonight, God bless her, and once again I realise how lucky I've been as that could so easily have been me. Listening to the report caused a pretty unpleasant flashback but it has reinforced my resolve to have the second little blighter clipped - get it before it gets me kind of thing. Ten days and counting.....

Fif and I went away for this last available weekend for some time to come. We thought of flying to Paris or Prague but decided lumpy head wasn't an option this close to the next round of BS so we went to London. Not to see the Queen, but we did go to Hyde Park for the BBC Proms in the Park and took a cold collation of goodies which we hand selected from Fortnum & Mason. And then we shopped for England. Superb!

Just before we left we had a deggbut! But Morris the tealeaf found it and ate it leaving just the shell as evidence. Scoundrel. Three more were laid while we were away. I cooked them tonight and the first one out of its shell was a double yoker! They were tasty, very tasty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice that you're keeping us informed. My mum worries about you.

Anonymous said...

This little dog appeared as I was picking my mum up there last night. So Shirl picked him up and I stroked his head. Nearly enough to make me turn away from cats!